Contraindications to wearing contact lenses can be purely individual, but there is a list of some eye diseases in which the lens is completely or temporarily contraindicated:
- Eye Infections . The disease is caused by bacterial or viral infections. The main clinical forms of eye infections conjunctivitis is localization (66.7% of all patients with inflammatory diseases of the eye) and blepharitis (23.3%), rarely seen keratitis
- Conjunctivitis (inflammation of the conjunctiva) .Conjunctivitis – inflammation of the connective membrane of the eye (conjunctiva) caused, often, allergic reaction or infection (viral, bacterial less). There adenoviral (farinhokon’yunktivalnaya fever), herpes, bacterial, chlamydial, acute and chronic conjunctivitis.
- Blepharitis (inflammation edges century) – a large group of various eye diseases involving chronic inflammation edges century and difficult to treat. The main causative agent is Staphylococcus aureus (Staphylococcus aureus), children can act as pathogen epidermal staph (Staphylococcus epidermidis). The cause of blepharitis is a chronic infectious and allergic diseases, viral infections, vitamin deficiencies, anemia, diseases of the digestive tract, teeth, nasal pathology Nekorryhyrovannaya view.
- Keratitis (corneal inflammation)- is manifested mainly of clouding, ulceration, pain and redness of the eye. It may be traumatic or infectious (influenza, tuberculosis, etc.). Origin. There lacrimation, photophobia, blepharospasm, reducing transparency and shine with subsequent corneal ulcer and the development of serious complications. Possible outcome keratitis – pain, reduced vision.
- Xerophthalmia (dry conjunctiva and cornea) – dryness of the cornea and conjunctiva of the eye that occurs due to violation of tearing. Xerophtalmia may cause vitamin deficiency, trachoma, chemical burns of the eyes.
- Violation composition of tear fluid .The bulk of tears (99%) is water, the rest – inorganic materials (sodium chloride, sodium carbonate and magnesium as well as calcium sulfate and phosphate). The bactericidal properties allows the enzyme lysozyme in tears. As part of the tears also a 0.1% other proteins.
- Lacrimal tract obstruction . Tear normally passes through small holes located in the nasal corner of the eye slit on the upper and lower eyelid. Lacrimal duct blockage prevents the normal passage of tears. Lacrimal tract obstruction can be caused by several reasons.
- Acute anterior segment inflammation (iritis) There is a consequence of getting an infection inside the eye injuries and various diseases.
- Reduced corneal sensitivity – reduces the separation tears and increases the risk Xerophtalmia, local infection and injury, making it vulnerable.
- Ptosis . The cause of congenital ptosis is underdevelopment or absence of muscle lifting the upper eyelid. The cause of acquired ptosis are many neurological diseases (stroke, encephalitis and other, often as part of Horner’s syndrome).
Attention! Contact lens can be worn fom the age of 12 only with parents’ admittion